Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Your Call: Should a new generation of Arab activists give us hope?
On the July 10th, 2014 edition of Your Call, we’ll talk to leading Middle East expert Juan Cole about his latest book: The New Arabs: How the Millennial Generation is Changing the Middle East. With the return of military rule in Egypt, civil war in Syria spreading to Iraq, and Israel preparing for an invasion of Gaza, can the generation of activists who led the Arab uprisings still make a difference? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Juan Cole, professor of history at the University of Michigan, and author of Engaging the Muslim World and most recently The New Arabs. His “Informed Comment” blog averages half a million page views a month.
NY Times: Youth Tsunami in the Arab World
Juan Cole’s blog: Informed Comment
Truthdig: Juan Cole’s reports
Louder Than War: Top 5 Songs from the Arab Spring