Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: Veterans and Post-traumatic stress disorder
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss the media coverage of the deadly shooting at Fort Hood military base in Texas. How have the media shaped the narrative about war veterans, combat experience and post-war mental health? We’ll be joined by the Center for Investigative Reporting’s Aaron Glantz and Military Times’ Leo Shane. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Leo Shane, congressional reporter for Military Times
Aaron Glantz, veterans reporter with the Center for Investigative Reporting
The Center for Investigative Reporting: House panel questions VA officials on veterans’ preventable deaths
The Center for Investigative Reporting: VA pays out $200 million for nearly 1,000 veterans’ wrongful deaths
Military Times: Vets react to shooting at Fort Hood
Kudos of the week:
Washington Post: After the Wars