Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Your Call: What conditions are UC graduate students working under?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the recent two-day strike by the UC Student-Workers Union. Earlier this month, students hit the picket line accusing UC administrators of unfair labor practices and intimidation, including threats to take away visas for grad student protesters and fire those who strike. What’s next for these grad students and what are their demands? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Joshua Brahinsky, Ph.D. student at UC Santa Cruz in the History of Consciousness department and part of the labor reform movement within the UAW 2865 called Academic Workers for a Democratic Union
Caroline McKusick, Ph.D. student in anthropology and member-activist at UC Davis
Krista Cortes, Ph.D. student at the UC Berkeley School of Education and one of the head stewards of the local union
The Aggie: UAW Workers strike hits UC campuses
Change.org: Drop the Charges Against the UCSC 22