Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Your Call: What do we know about the effects of gun ownership on public health?
On today's Your Call, We’ll have a conversation about gun violence as public health issue. How many Americans are killed or injured by guns each year? How would the debate on gun violence change if we treated it as a public health crisis? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Laura Cutilletta, senior staff attorney at the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
David Hemenway, professor of Health Policy and Director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center and the author of Private Guns, Public Health
Washington Post: Gun violence as a public health issue
Business Insider: What The War On Tobacco Can Teach Us About Fighting Gun Violence