Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Health, Science, Environment
Your Call: What is the potential healing power of music?
On the August 11th edition of Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with filmmaker Michael Rossato-Bennett about his new documentary Alive Inside. The film explores music’s ability to combat memory loss through the experiences of individuals who have been rejuvenated by listening to music. How does music affect our brains and people who are aging or mostly unresponsive? What role does music play in your life?Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Michael Rossato-Bennett, director and producer of ALIVE INSIDE, the winner of the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Audience Award for U.S. Documentary
ALIVE INSIDE: Bay Area Movie Screenings