Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Health, Science, Environment
Your Call: What rights should animals have?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with filmmaker Liz Marshall and photographer Jo-Anne McArthur about the documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. The film explores human society’s treatment of animals. Should we give animals the same rights to protect them from cruelty? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Liz Marshall, award winning documentary filmmaker.
Jo-Anne McArthur, award-winning photojournalist and the author of We Animals
Jo-Anne McArthur: We Animals
The Ghost in Our Machine: Bay Area Film Screening
Minneapolis Star Tribune: Local animal rights activists turn old fur coats into toys for animals
Slate: Down on the Farm