Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Your Call: What should the US response be to children massing at the border?
On the July 28th edition of Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the surge in unaccompanied children entering the US. Since last October, 52000 children have been taken into custody. What are the conditions inside the US Immigration Detention Centers? How should we resolve the worsening humanitarian crisis? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Catherine Tactaquin, executive director and co-founder of the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
Lariza Dugan-Cuadra, executive director of Central American Resource Center in SF
Roque Planas, editor of Latino Voices at Huffington Post
NY Times: The Children of the Drug Wars
Wall Street Journal: Obama Says U.S. Could Start Limited Refugee Program in Central America