Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: Who was Mother Jones and what did she do for the labor movement?
On September 1st edition of Your Call, on Labor Day, we’ll have a conversation with Simon Cordery, author of “Mother Jones: Raising Cain and Consciousness.” In 1902, she was called the most dangerous woman in America for her effective and creative labor organizing. How did she organize workers in early 20th century? And want can what can we learn from her activism? It’s Your Call, with me Rose Aguilar.
Simon Cordery, chair of the History Department at Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois.