Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
City Visions: May 12, 2014
Your rooftop solar questions answered
As rooftop solar development in the Bay Area takes off, what does the consumer need to know? Host Joseph Pace and guests discuss the risks and rewards of going solar and the ongoing debate among advocates and utilities over how solar customers should be compensated for the power they produce.
Producer: Susie Britton
- Steve Weissman, Director of the Energy Program, Center for Law, Energy & the Environment, Berkeley Law
- Cal Broomhead, Manager of the Climate and Energy Program, San Francisco Department of the Environment
- Jonathan Bass, Vice President of Communications, SolarCity