Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Youth on the ground at the DNC
The Democratic National Convention kicked off in North Carolina Tuesday with an aggressive response to the criticism doled out last week at the Republican National Convention in Florida. Here's a few of the remarks that stood out:
TED STRICKLAND: If Mitt was Santa Claus, he would fire the reindeer and outsource the elves.
JULIAN CASTRO: Governor Romney has undergone an 'extreme makeover’, and it ain't pretty.
MICHELLE OBAMA: Barack knows the American dream because he's lived it.
KAL PENN: Before I close, and as I wonder which Twitter hashtags you'll start using when I'm done talking, hash tag sexyface. I ask all you young people to join me. You don't even have to put pants on.
Many might recognize Penn as the comedian who played Kumar from the Harold and Kumar films, but he was also the White House staffer tasked with keeping young voters connected to the Obama administration after the 2008 election.
Well, what are young voters thinking today about the president’s bid for reelection? We have our own connection to youth in Charlotte. Bianca Brooks from Youth Radio spoke with KALW’s Ben Trefny.
Listen to the full interview above.