Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Youth Radio: Does the US live up to its political ideals?
Turning 18 this year is special: you get to vote in the November elections! Remember when you first voted? The rush of being old enough to be heard, to count, to matter.
Well if you’re a little beyond 18 now, and were wondering how today’s teens feel about voting, our friends at Youth Radio asked today’s young people to reflect on the principles this country was founded on. They wanted to know two things: how well the United States has lived up to those ideals and whether that impacts the way young people participate in government. Listen to the responses of Denise Tejada, Rayana Godfrey, Asha Richardson, Sayre Quevedo, and Miles Bess.