Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Youth Radio: Does the US live up to its political ideals?
Turning 18 this year is special: you get to vote in the November elections! Remember when you first voted? The rush of being old enough to be heard, to count, to matter.
Well if you’re a little beyond 18 now, and were wondering how today’s teens feel about voting, our friends at Youth Radio asked today’s young people to reflect on the principles this country was founded on. They wanted to know two things: how well the United States has lived up to those ideals and whether that impacts the way young people participate in government. Listen to the responses of Denise Tejada, Rayana Godfrey, Asha Richardson, Sayre Quevedo, and Miles Bess.