Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
Cops & Courts
Youth Radio reports on children and mental illness
For children in California, the Office of Health Planning reports that mental diseases and disorders are the largest cause of hospitalization for kids. Last week, New America Media held a community forum for advocates, clinicians, health-care providers, youth and media in San Francisco to address youth depression -- and how storytelling can help with feelings of isolation.
To hear the entire story click the audio player above.