Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Smart and spirited discussions about a wide range of popular music, from cutting-edge underground rock and hip-hop, to classic rock, R&B, electronica, and worldbeat. From WBEZ in Chicago.
Chamber Music from the Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston, South Carolina, hosted by Miles Hoffman.
KALW broadcast schedule:
Richard Strauss: Till Eulenspiegel
An unusually diverse, genre-bending program that explores the bridges connecting various styles of music. Tangents emphasizes world and roots music, and creative jazz hybrids, from Ry Cooder, Lhasa, Zakir Hussain, to The Blind Boys of Alabama....
Host Jim Svejda reviews a wide variety of classical recordings and highlights renowned classical artists. He provides listeners with guides to the best readily available recordings and creates sketches of the lives of some of the most famous...