Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
For National Poetry Month, KALW and America SCORES Bay Area have teamed up to bring you the voices of young poets from San Francisco’s public schools.
America SCORES works in the Bay Area’s most challenged public elementary schools, using soccer and poetry to help young “poet-athletes” discover the benefits of working together as a team, the joy of physical activity, and the fun in reading and writing.
Throughout April 2014, you can hear these young people read their poems on KALW, Monday through Thursday at 3:19pm and 8:58pm.
The series was produced by Kevin Vance, Matt Martin, and Jess Bouchard, and features students from Cleveland, Leonard Flynn, Hillcrest, Junipero Serra, Redding, Sanchez, E.R. Taylor, and Tenderloin Community elementary schools in San Francisco.