Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
For National Poetry Month, KALW and America SCORES Bay Area have teamed up to bring you the voices of young poets from San Francisco’s public schools.
America SCORES works in the Bay Area’s most challenged public elementary schools, using soccer and poetry to help young “poet-athletes” discover the benefits of working together as a team, the joy of physical activity, and the fun in reading and writing.
Throughout April 2014, you can hear these young people read their poems on KALW, Monday through Thursday at 3:19pm and 8:58pm.
The series was produced by Kevin Vance, Matt Martin, and Jess Bouchard, and features students from Cleveland, Leonard Flynn, Hillcrest, Junipero Serra, Redding, Sanchez, E.R. Taylor, and Tenderloin Community elementary schools in San Francisco.