Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
For National Poetry Month, KALW and America SCORES Bay Area have teamed up to bring you the voices of young poets from San Francisco’s public schools.
America SCORES works in the Bay Area’s most challenged public elementary schools, using soccer and poetry to help young “poet-athletes” discover the benefits of working together as a team, the joy of physical activity, and the fun in reading and writing.
Throughout April 2014, you can hear these young people read their poems on KALW, Monday through Thursday at 3:19pm and 8:58pm.
The series was produced by Kevin Vance, Matt Martin, and Jess Bouchard, and features students from Cleveland, Leonard Flynn, Hillcrest, Junipero Serra, Redding, Sanchez, E.R. Taylor, and Tenderloin Community elementary schools in San Francisco.