Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- Are things looking up for City College of San Francisco?
- City Visions: Which Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Should You Be Taking?
Hear Here is KALW’s local community storytelling project. We seek out the stories of people who live and work in San Francisco and Oakland neighborhoods – and share what we hear on air and online!
Hear Here is currently recording stories in the Visitacion Valley, SF and East Oakland neighborhoods.
Take a listen to some of the stories we’ve collected below…
We've heard stories of immigration...
Sometimes the stories we collect don't just stop at the radio.
How it Works
Hear Here partners with public libraries and community organizations to capture the often untold stories of the surrounding neighborhoods. We set up a date to show up at the library with our microphones and sit down for short, recorded conversations with participants. Every participant receives a CD copy of their interview. Some stories will air on KALW 91.7FM!
Want to share your story or partner with Hear Here to share the stories of your community?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 264-7106.