Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project
Hear Here: Meet Jahmese Myres
KALW’s new community storytelling initiative, Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project, is taking off with a month of stories from neighbors near you. Our Hear Here producers have been asking Oakland and San Francisco residents, online and face to face, for personal stories of living in the Bay Area. Recently, they’ve been asking people about their work . In Oakland, they met one young woman, Jahmese Myres, who’s seen a shifting landscape in the city – for better and for worse.
Jahmese Myres spoke with Wendy Baker, who edited this piece for KALW's storytelling project, “Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project.” Learn more about the Hear Here pop-up art installation and recording booth, and visit the project website to hear more tales from your neighbors. Hear Here is also on Facebook and Twitter.